Friday, December 20, 2019

Last Minute Holiday Shopping in Avon!

Meet Hanna Porcher of 1 Little Letter...
Mark enjoys woodworking and the creative process that it provides. When not woodworking, he works for his business, A Modern Touch, LLC as an independent contractor. Hanna is a first grade teacher and loves the gift of working with first grade students each day. We began our family business in 2016. Mark has been working on the concept of 1 Little Letter for about three years. Initially he only built for family and friends.

When we are not working, we love to spend time with our two boys, Camden and Connor. As a family, we love spending time together, going to sporting events, and traveling. 

Mark is the creative mind behind this project and is always inspired by family and friends. Handwritten notes have always been meaningful for our family. When our grandparents passed away, what was most meaningful for us were the handwritten notes, cards, and recipe files. Reading through the notes and cooking grandma’s old recipes brings back many happy and fulfilling memories for our family. We were inspired by this to begin a new tradition for our two boys. On special occasions and birthdays, we write personal notes to each child. Our notes to them highlight special memories from the year; things that they’ve done that make us proud, things that made us laugh, and things that have had meaningful impact on our lives. Our idea is for this to be a collection of life for our boys. A collection of sweet memories and notes that they will be able to relive when they are older. Notes from people who we have sadly lost in life, but the memory remains hidden in these boxes.

When Mark gets an idea, he draws it out on paper first. He goes through many scenarios with his ideas and shares with family. He then begins building and modifying as he goes. We want to have an established product that is available for families to create memories and build new traditions with. Family is our core. We hope that others see this and find inspiration to begin new traditions with their families and a 1 Little Letter Keepsake box.  


This will be our first show with Avant-Garde and we couldn't be more excited!


Meet Denise Sutek of Designs by Denise...
I am a retired corporate human resource representative.  As I was figuring out my next journey,  I realized that at one point in my life I was making jewelry and was enjoying it.  So, the journey to making fun, simplistic and wearable with anything jewelry began.
I've been doing this now for about three years, if you don't take into account the years I did this when I was in my twenties.  Then life came along, full-time job, marriage and children. This will be my second Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.

My inspiration.. My mother was extremely creative and I think I have this inner calling. I got into this very early on, even as a small child, I would attend craft shows.   As early as grade school, I can remember attending a craft class and learned to cane.

My creative process.. I basically lay out my designs, walk away and come back (more than a couple of times) until I see exactly what it should look like and I go from there.
The message behind my work is  fun, simplistic, wearable with anything including fine jewelry.   If you like the look, wear it.


For the holiday season, I have added Christmas Coasters - just because it is the HOLIDAYS

Meet Michelle Black of Ava Rei...

I'm a Mama of a beautiful one year old wild child. Her dad and I are obsessed with her and she pretty much is our whole world. In fact, my shop is named after her - Ava Rei. Full time I work in Human Resources and in my spare time (when I have it) I decided to try out crafting. I really love to be able to create custom home items as well as some items I think everyone would enjoy! I've only been doing this style of crafting for under a year and am really excited each time I learn something new. 
This is my very first Avant-Garde show and I'm excited to see my business grow. Growing up, my family was always crafting but it wasn't until my friend started talking to me about how she crafts that I thought I could do this too! I am inspired by bits and pieces of designs that I see and love to design things that I would want in my own home. I can customize anything and I'd love to talk about making your Pinterest dreams come true! I'll be featuring my ornament hoop ornaments, can't wait to see you at the show.

Meet Erin Bruening of Spin Gourmet Cotton Candy..
I am a wife, mom, teacher and crafter.  I spin gourmet flavors of cotton candy and have tons of fun coming up with new flavors.  I also make, sell and teach string art in my hometown of Parma, Ohio. I have always been crafty and have dabbled with different medias.  Cotton candy is my newest, and most popular venture!
Being creative has always been a part of me. My wheels are ALWAYS turning! I LOVE attending shows, farmer's markets, and local hometown events.  I wanted to be a bigger part of it so I went the vendor route. I started being able to really work on my crafty ideas after my kids became teenagers.  More time to think:)
In give years, I'd love SPIN to be a name that people recognize and think fondly of. The message behind your work is: Eat the candy.


2019 Avon Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, December 21, 2019
10:00am-5:00pm
Emerald Event Center
33040 Just Imagine Dr.
Avon, Ohio 44011
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avon Spring Lineup Preview!

Meet Cassie Brown from Sassy's Sweets... My name is Cassie Brown  I’m a full time social studies teacher and owner of a home bakery know...