Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving Eve Preview!

Meet Clarissa Ladner from Arrondi Company...

Hi, I am clarissa ladner and i am the proud owner of arrondi company! I am from a small town near Akron, Ohio. I graduated with a fashion merchandising degree with a minor in marketing and fashion media from Kent State University, so I am well acquainted with the industry. I am a taurus, who loves to travel and eat all the good food. I love yoga, boxing and running. I enjoy art and caring for my 7 plants. My all time favorite comedy is New Girl and my favorite book series at the moment is a Court of Thorn and Roses.

I have been doing this for 2 years this coming January.

I love to create. I love using my hands and my creativity to build something beautiful. Film, literature, nature,travel and color is what inspires my jewelry collections. It am also motivated and inspired through my clients and customers, to create handmade jewelry that brings beauty and storytelling to ones wardrobe. I just love connecting with other humans.  

I have always loved art as a kid. I would always be painting and drawing and playing pretend. I went into a creative career field as well, in hopes of using that value of art and craft in my professional life. Here I am running my own business, using art and craft to spark joy professionally.
I created my company in January of 2021. It was during a challenging time in my life, as i was graduating soon. I was lost and couldn't find my purpose as i realized that my dream wasn't to work in corporate fashion. I decided to start my actual lifelong dream of having my own business. I taught myself how to make beaded jewelry as it was starting to trend and I feel in love with the medium. During the summer of 2021, I finally decided to start curating a vintage collection, which has always been a desire of mine. I love vintage clothing and always have. the more and more I created and curated I fell in love with the art of jewelry and my appreciation of vintage grew even deeper. 

I put artistry into making collections of jewelry ranging from necklaces to earrings, with ethical sourcing, high quality materials and beautiful designs. I buy small batches of products in order to avoid wasting materials and creating more products than needed. I source from other small businesses and create a more circular supply chain using vintage and dead stock beads. These are pieces of wearable art, that brings color, beauty and fun to your style.All of my jewelry is finished with the highest quality construction. I use a 14k gold-filled and sterling silver wire guardian to prevent the wire from wearing out over time. I use sterling silver crimps and apply them using the best-securing techniques. Along with this, I use locking jump rings, to ensure there is no accidental breakage. 
    
My five year goal.. I see myself traveling across the country doing pop-ups. I see myself expanding a bit and maybe hiring an employee. I see myself connecting with even more people and bringing my art to more and more spaces. Maybe within the next 10 years I will have a storefront! 

The message behind my work.. when you shop with arrondi you are free to explore your creativity, style, and fluidity. our experience is full of color and beauty that is memorable and on-trend. we want to form and curve into your personal vault of art, eclecticism, and nostalgia; with the main focus on human connection, thoughtfulness, and community. we do this while we serve our mother earth and its children, with our sustainable and ethical practices. we promise to always grow with you and our world as we desire to learn and better our business every day.

You can view my work at: https://www.instagram.com/carisaserena/

from Mom Boss Kreations by Danielle... 
Mom Boss Kreations by Danielle came to life during a time I needed to escape and keep my mind busy. I’ve always been the crafty person. If it’s out there I’ve probably at least tried it. 
I love when people give me an idea and I can bring that item to life. I tell people if you can think of it, I’ll do my best to make it happen. We can customize any and all of our items.
Some items we have are tumblers, keychains, ornaments, bookmarks, decals, glasses and so much more. We are very excited to be welcomed into a great show like Avon!

Meet Lianep Carrion from DIY Beauty on Purpose LLC...
I am a wife to a wonderful husband of 16 years and a mom to two beautiful children, 9 yo girl and 6 yo son. I am an influencer on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook; and a small business owner of on online business. I have been creating and crafting professionally for four years. I love to craft for every season and teach others how to do it. I am the host of DIY Beauty on Purpose on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. I love the Lord God my Savior and spending time with family. My favorite seasons to craft for are Fall and Christmas. 

I have been crafting professionally for 4 years. 

What inspires me to create.. Everything! I get inspired by other creators, nature, pictures, magazines, TV, etc. I get inspiration from everywhere. 
Back in 2017 my dad was at his end of life due to an unexpected illness. I found myself needing an outlet. I've always been blessed with being able to create, draw  and paint, but never thought of using it as an outlet. I decided to dab into furniture flips, which then got me into YouTube and becoming a content creator. This then opened up many connections and opportunities in the crafting world. 
I've always had a gift to create, but it wasn't until the last few years that I discovered a passion for it. 

My creative process... I get an idea, write it down, analize how I can bring it to life and make a list of items I need, I then turn my camera on, press record and create! 
In five years I will have well over 500k subscribers on my YouTube channel. And hundreds of thousands of followers on my other combined online platforms. I want to have a successful online store. I want to have an online course for crafters. I want to have a published book (whew!) 

Message behind my work.. My message is that "Anyone can create". Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or seasoned crafter, there is always something to learn and create. And it can all be done on a budget. 

Meet Alyssa Opal from ADropOfOpal...
My name is Alyssa, and I'm the owner and artist behind ADropOfOpal. I started ADropOfOpal in 2018, though I picked up polymer clay as a hobby long before that! In fact, this is a hobby that I got from my mom- I remember coming home from kindergarten to the smell of clay baking in the oven, and I always loved playing with it when I was little. 
Through the years I've developed techniques that I love bringing to jewelry- fun colors, bold patterns, and whimsical leaves dress up outfits so differently than sparkly gems. What I love most about unique accessories is that they show off YOUR beauty, and your personality- you're the star of the show! That's what I really want you to remember each time you see yourself in my jewelry-- I want you to be reminded how beautiful you are, and how beautiful the life you've created really is.
This is my first show with Avant-Garde, and I could not be more excited! Being primarily an online business, it's always wonderful to meet people face-to-face, hear stories, and make real connections with the people viewing my work. I look forward to meeting everyone there!

Meet Amy Lucke from Adaline Grey and Co...
My name is Amy Lucke and I created Adaline Grey and Co in honor of my daughter, Adaline Grey, who passed away shortly after birth. I started making polymer clay earrings to pass the time and keep me busy. I never thought I would be loving it as much as I do! 

A year and a half ago, I made my first pair of earrings. Since then, I have dabbled with different mediums. I am currently using polymer clay, wood, beach glass, beading and resin. 

My full time profession is in education – I am a 4th grade teacher! I have been teaching for 8 years and while it can be stressful at times, I truly love what I do. My husband and I got married in October of 2019. I am so lucky to have a family who supports my creative journey! I have two dalmatians, Gracie and Luna, whom I adore. We have lived all over the Cleveland area but currently are based out of Brunswick. We purchased our first house last year and are loving being home owners! 

Like I previously mentioned, my daughter died shortly after birth. She was our first child and we were so excited to have a baby girl! She was born on March 8, 2021 and died on March 9, 2021. I have a picture of her on my table at craft shows as well as a little background of our story. If you stop by my booth, feel free to ask questions! I love keeping her legacy alive. 
I have always had quite the creative side but started making earrings in August of 2021. I needed something to pass the time away while I was (am still) grieving my daughters death. I started with a pair of polymer clay bows, which I still sell today! Feel free to ask what they look like now! In the last year and half, I have added many more variations of earrings. I use wood, resin, beading and polymer clay! I have more recently added beach glass to my collection. My husband and I have sourced all beach glass from Lake Erie, specifically Huntington Beach and Geneva on the Lake. 

What inspires me to create... At first I just wanted something to pass time. I started by making little studs and simple dangle designs. Now, it has definitely become a hobby of mine. I have gravitated towards holiday earrings and unique designs you wont be able to find at a store. My goal right now is to create cure, fun, lightweight earrings for everyone!

I find inspiration on social media, including Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. I find inspiration walking the aisles at craft stores. I find inspiration in my own jewelry collections. Many times I just sit down with no inspiration and just start creating! It is amazing where my creativity takes me!
A group of cards on a table

Description automatically generated with low confidence
A picture containing cake, indoor, birthday, chocolate

Description automatically generated
I have always loved crafting! In high school I took AP and honors art classes, so I have always had a creative side! Last summer, polymer clay earrings seemed to be something I was seeing all over social media. It intrigued me enough to start making them, and here we are a year and a half later! 

My creative process is different in almost every pair of earrings I make! Some earrings I know exactly what I will be making (like my pumpkin pie earrings or my turkeys I make every year!). Some however, I just sit down and start creating! Its always amazing to see the final result, whether its planned or not! I do showcase a lot of my creative processes on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook - @AdalineGreyandCo. 

My five year goal... I always tell my husband and close friends, If I could support myself full time making earrings. I would! That is how much I love doing it. My long term goal would be to open a small shop or make enough money to support our lifestyle. I think it is so important to find a niche that you’re good at and comfortable with. 

Message behind my work.. I just want people to enjoy life. I focus so much on holiday earrings because we as humans tend to view holidays as a *generally* relaxing and fun time. They are times that the majority look forward to year after year. If I can make a pair of earrings that encourage someone to have fun or make a person feel confident, then I will be happy! 

After a loss like the one I have experienced, it is important to find the joy in life. Ultimately, that is why I create. It brings me joy. I know my daughter would want me to experience happiness in this ride called life. 

2022 Avon Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, November 26, 2022
10:00am-4:00pm
Emerald Event Center
33040 Just Imagine Dr.
Avon, Ohio 44011
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump Start Your Holiday Shopping!

 Meet Lesley Jones from Cafe L Spice Blends... In 2017, I created a Curry powder blend to give to my food-loving mates at work. They loved t...