Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Get Ready For This Weekend Avon!

Meet Lois Steiner from Silverwearables...
Both myself and my husband are retired.  We have three children and 6 grandchildren.  We enjoy traveling and doing shows and festivals while selling our work gives us great opportunities to do that. I started making the jewelry about 4 years ago, then in 2016 when my husband retired he took over the machining, and physical aspect of it while I concentrate on the designing, etc. I love the ornate designs in the vintage flatware and often I will see a design and know exactly what I would like to do with it. I have always enjoyed crafts, including sewing, quilting, crocheting, making this and that.  

Years ago I had seen a chandelier made from teaspoons. So I started collecting them with that goal in mind. Well, the chandelier never happened and one day I ran across the spoons and though of donating them to the thrift store, but decided to look online to see if I’d want to use them myself.  I ran across the spoon bracelets and made a couple. I took them in to my workplace and began getting so many orders, I had to buy more spoons. And here I am!

Meet April Hardin from April Kristina Crochet...
I’m a stay-at-home mom of three boys ages 11, 4 and 2. I’ve been married for 19 years now and I love anything craft related! I’ve been crocheting since I was a teenager, and this will be my fourth show with Avant-Garde!  
Crochet is like therapy to me. When I get in the zone, I feel relaxed and I feel such joy seeing people wear something I’ve made. Especially my children!  I always wanted to make more than just blankets, but I had trouble reading the patterns. After watching some YouTube videos on making hats, I realized I could do it with ease and it’s been non-stop since then. I love scouring Pinterest for fun, exciting patterns and ideas. Then I try to add my own creative twist to it. In five years I would love to have a full-time on-line business happening! The message behind my work is I want everyone to feel good about themselves and to feel good about wearing something unique and comfortable.

Meet Chris Santee from Chris's Kitchen...
I live in Stow,  married with three grown children. I enjoy (obsessed with) doing ancestry and look forward to traveling to see some of the places my ancestors are from when my husband retires. I enjoy doing all kinds of cooking and baking, will try just about anything. My kids  refuse to buy me cookbooks or anything for the kitchen because I already have too much, and that I can never make all of the recipes even if I make something new everyday.
I have been making jam and jelly as long as I can remember but as a business for about 10 years it grew from making some for friends and then them asking if they can buy it to gift to others. The natural cotton candy was my daughters idea about 5 years ago. We bought her the cotton candy machine as a graduation present she did the farm markets a few summers with me to pay for school, I enjoy making it and continued to do it when she found a job in her field. One of the markets I participated in lost it's candle vendor so the market manager at the time showed me how to make them and asked if I could fill that void it is hard for me to say no so I am still doing them today. I recycle my jelly jars when the customers bring them back, but also started receiving all kind a bottles and jars that were not for jelly. I did not want to be rude so I just took them, about the same time I lost my supplier for my candle jars so upcycled scents was born. I cut the bottles and jars I received from my customers to fill with candles and the wine bottle tart warmers.

Meet Diane Watson from Sweet Heart Suri Alpacas...
Hi, I'm Diane! I have owned alpacas since 2000, I am self taught in spinning my own fiber in to yarn, dyeing the fiber and yarn, also crocheting. I love just getting my hands in the fiber triggers the creativity. This year will be my first show with Avant-Garde!
My grandma showed me how to knit, and I don’t call it a talent, it is just plain “Fun.“ In five years I hope to be teaching as well! The message behind my work is believe in your work and enjoy what you’re doing.

2018 Avon Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, December 22, 2018
10:00am-5:00pm
Emerald Event Center
33040 Just Imagine Dr.
Avon, Ohio 44011
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avon Spring Lineup Preview!

Meet Cassie Brown from Sassy's Sweets... My name is Cassie Brown  I’m a full time social studies teacher and owner of a home bakery know...